Mother Fluker

A Migrant Mother's Musings

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Bye Bye Mudlark

This week I said goodbye to my little Mudlark, as he became a Magpie. Yes, H has graduated out of the baby room at Daycare and into the 2-3 year-old room at the precocious age of 20 months. Actually I think this is indicative not so much of advanced intelligence and ability on H's part but the simple fact that there are now quite a few little sit-on-the-floor type babies (was H ever like that? Surely not!) in the babies' room that it must be a real nuisance to have the older mobile ones rampaging round the room knocking them over.

Several of H's little mates and his girlfriend are due to move up about the same time, so he will not I hope be too disoriented. In fact he has apparently been trying to loiter in the older kids' room for a while on his way back from the garden in the afternoons, no doubt having sussed out that there are bigger and better toys in there.

I feel strangely emotional about this little milestone. God knows what I'll be like when he goes to kindy.