Mother Fluker

A Migrant Mother's Musings

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

29 weeks.

In other words, 9 weeks to go before Dr T gets the carving knife out. Had my 29 week check-up today, a visit only remarkable in the fact that both Dr T and I were suffering from sciatica. I told him he should be grateful he didn't have to try pushing a stroller with it.

Have been recommended a good physiotherapist, but am not sure when I'll be able to get up there - certainly not before next week. Growl. Will also have to stop lifting H so much as that is not helping matters. Though we have swimming tomorrow which is a rather unavoidable wrestling match, even given the flotation aspect of the water (actually it's primarily displacement rather than flotation given my current shape).

Anyway, baby scanned fine, head down in the pelvis and all looking boringly normal apparently. Have been given my time to be at the hospital - 6am on June 2nd, to prep for a 9.30 operation. Baby will be born approx 9.40am. It feels really good to know the date and time in advance (assuming of course that things don't happen early). I'm glad I don't know the sex though - that'll be enough of a surprise either way.