Mother Fluker

A Migrant Mother's Musings

Monday, August 29, 2005

The H walks!

Monday, August 29th - let this day stand out in history as the day that the H finally decided to LET GO AND WALK!

He has been tearing round the house with his little wooden trolley for support for months. I had visions of him still pushing the wretched thing to school. Until yesterday, if you valued your eardrums at all, it was either trolley-pushing or carrying him to get around the house and garden. He weighs over 12 kilos. Lugging him about physically is not an easy option.

By amazing coincidence I have my last scheduled session of physiotherapy tonight. I've endured months of work on my strained shoulder and neck, a condition caused and aggravated by heaving my not insubstantial baby around on my hip for the last year or so. So it was with a huge sigh of relief that H's father and I broke out the designated celebratory bottle of wine last night - yay, drinking on a Monday. Way to go, H.